I do read a lot, my own interests, and for my classes, especially since I’m in the arts.
My favorite books are mostly series, but these are the top ten that I’ve reread many times.
- Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini: If you want magic, dragons, elves, dwarves, and humans, this is your go to.
- Divirgent Trilogy by Veronica Roth: Dystopian style novel that has a female lead, Tris, that kicks butt. And yes, the books are WAY better than the movies.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: Boy with a scar goes on many adventures, if you haven’t heard of it, what are you doing with your life??
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman: This one’s a bit creepy, in a good way, and the protagonist Coraline is pretty darn sassy. The animated movie is also great, if you’d rather watch it!
- 1984/Animal Farm by George Orwell: If you want either a scarily accurate portrayal of the future, or a giant farm metaphor for communism in Russia, George Orwell is your guy.
- Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams: It’s fairy tale mixed with being a teenager, theater, and murder mystery. He’s written a few other novels with the same protagonist, so check those out too!
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt: This is a novel about what it would be like to have eternal life, and it’s one of the first books that really spoke to me. It’s super short, and it also has a movie.
- The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld: This is a dystopian trilogy (there is a fourth book, however) that follows the story of a girl who just doesn’t fit in. It’ll make you cry, and question beauty ideals.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: Never can go wrong with a classic love story, I’m still secretly looking for my Mr.Darcy.
- ANYTHING by Tamora Pierce: And by anything, I mean any one of her series. She writes fantasy mostly, but her worlds are so detailed and some even connect in a giant timeline. Not to mention, a lot of her protagonists are pretty badass ladies.
Anyways, hope this inspires some of you out there to pick up some of these books, because they’re all awesome, by amazing authors. Comment your favorite book below and I might check it out in my free time!