Well, let’s just get to it, because this might get a bit brutal…
- The word “cute” when used to describe girls. It irritates the heck out of me when a guy describes me as cute, and usually, it’s just because I’m rather short. I’m pretty sure a guy could look up adjectives to describe a person and come up with something better, like smart or charming.
- Their mess. Not that every guy is messy, but since I live in staff accommodation where a lot of guys share a small space, it’s pretty bad. I don’t mind too much clutter, but when an apartment smells excessively of guy BO and has stuff all over the floor, it’s time to clean and grab the air freshener.
- Being recognized more for the work they do, or getting in less trouble when they mess up. I do realize that some guys deserve the recognition, but when I’ve trained and managed a bunch of people (which is not my job), and buddy over there is getting a pat on the head for changing a printer roll, it pisses me off. I’ve faced this at all my jobs so far, and I’m getting tired of doing extra work for no bonus.
- Communication. I’m not a saint when it comes to communicating well, but saying “k” to a paragraph of my feelings is pretty annoying. Guys, I don’t care if you’re blunt and to the point, but be CLEAR in what you’re saying, and maybe add some depth to conversations sometimes.
- Not getting why girls put on makeup. It’s one thing to not like makeup, or not like certain looks on a girl. I get it, lots of sparkles and very dark lipstick might not do it for you. But, I really wish guys would understand the concept of WHY I spend 10-20 minutes a day putting on my makeup. It’s for me, to boost my confidence, and I usually put on my favorite shade of lipstick because it looks really cute, and not to attract guys.
What bugs you about guys? Leave it in the comments!