1. Friendliness, or the X family. Every time you walk on campus, you’ll probably get a hello and a smile from someone. Plus all the staff take their time to know you, and your Mini Moe’s order.
2. Profs know you by your first name, and not just a number. They will also chat with you in line at the coffee shop, and give you candy before finals.
3. Campus is like Hogwarts. It’s old, with beautiful old brick buildings and an ivy-covered library. We also have our own resident ghosts, like the Blue Nun.
4. Small classes. As in, having 100 students in your class is probably the biggest it’ll get. Most classes only have 40 people in them, so if you don’t show, someone will know.
5. The Coady Institute. This building is absolutely gorgeous, has the coziest little library, and you’ll meet all sorts of cool international students here.
6 Frosh week. As a (sadly) ex-frosh, it is one of the best weeks of your four years. It’s slightly terrifying the first day with O-crew, but it’s worth every minute of fun and activities the entire week.
7. The school spirit. While Homecoming is a big weekend (or Hoco as we call it), the school spirit is always around. You’ll always find us supporting our teams, far and away, current student-athletes or alumni Olympic athletes.
8. Traditions. I could make a giant list of all the traditions you become a part of as soon as you step on campus. From the Xaverian Commitment to burMAC, or to the famous X-ring ceremony in fourth year, your four years will be a blast.
9. That once you leave campus, you don’t leave X. It may be for the summer, or after your degree, but you’ll never really leave. There’s always Hoco to come back to, or you’ll run into someone with an X ring on your travels. St.FX truly becomes a second family, and it’s always got your back.