As some of you may know, I’m a giant nerd. Naturally, that meant I *had* to go to the Halifax Comic Con. And so I bought myself a weekend pass, and made plans to have some fun!
The following are observations from the whole weekend:
- They had a rest area with inflated seats and let me tell you, that was heaven after being at con all day.
- Even though it wasn’t the biggest star lineup for panels, all the panels I went to were awesome.
- Nobody yelled at me for standing near the wall for two seconds to figure out where I was going. (Calgary Expo, I’m looking at you…)
- Some of the vendor art was absolutely beautiful, and I loved all the steampunk style jewelry for sale.
- Everyone was so friendly, from panelists to people standing in line. Two girls my age even started chatting with me and offered me Timbits while I was in line for a panel.
- My favorite cosplay was two (or three?) guys that had made Boba Fett cosplays including the armor. Absolutely amazing.
- The location was great since it’s in the heart of downtown Halifax and close to the boardwalk. So, it’s really convenient to go to lunch or do touristy things when the con gets tiring.
Overall, Hal-con was worth the weekend trip. I probably won’t be doing it next year, but I will definitely go back!
Also, huge shout outs to my friend from university who convinced me to go, my roommate who now lives in Halifax for getting me unlost, and one of my Banff friends who spent a lot of time with me the entire weekend.
If you guys have any questions about Hal-con, leave them below!