Well, if any of you are wondering how to sweep me off my feet, then here you go! These are five of the things that can guarantee you’ll at least win a bit of my heart…
- Be kind. Kindness is rare these days, so showing that you care about others goes a long way. This especially applies when on a date, since I will judge people by how well they treat waitresses, cashiers, etc.
- Be honest and open. I really appreciate when people are forthcoming with what they want out of a potential relationship, especially when it comes to the game called online dating. In general, being open and honest about your opinions and your expectations will help in the long run as well.
- Respect that I am a person. Just like everyone else, I have goals, opinions, and preferences. There’s nothing more annoying than having someone diss everything you like or questioning whether every single decision you make is acceptable. I may make mistakes, but respecting that I am an individual that is fully capable of saying no or deciding my career path is more than appreciated.
- Taking care of the small things. I’m the type of person who already has a life plan and long-term goals that I’m working towards. So, I appreciate when others take care of some of the smaller things, like doing the dishes or grabbing that one thing I forgot doing groceries. It’s also super nice to have someone check in with a simple “how are you?” every now and then.
- Don’t go over the top. While those grand romantic gestures are great for the movies, they don’t work so well in real life. Honestly, I’d rather spend a few hours chatting in a coffee shop or going for a wander than getting my own horse-drawn carriage. After all, the simple things in life are really what matter.
Does my list match some of the ways people can win your hearts? Drop me a comment below!