Picking five shows is really difficult for me, since I basically adopt new shows weekly. But, here are five shows that I either watch constantly or I’m a big fan of.
- Gilmore Girls: I never watched the show growing up, but it’s become one of my favourites in the last couple of years. I relate a lot to the show, especially Rory’s college years lately since I’m at that part of my life right now. I highly recommend it, especially if you’re looking for a quiet night in.
- Sense8: I’m annoyed that this show only got a 2-hour finale after they ended Season 2 on a cliffhanger, but I still love it to death. I always notice something new when I rewatch it, and it conveys so many life lessons as well. If you’re looking for a show that’s incredibly diverse, has LGBTQ representation, and has a positive outlook, please check it out.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: Huge kudos for Netflix producing this show in a way that respects the book series, unlike the Jim Carrey movie. If you like mysteries, breaking the 4th wall, and sarcasm, this is the show for you. It looks like it should be a kids show, but it’s so much more.
- Camp Camp: This is an animated show produced by Roosterteeth, which you can find on their website or YouTube. It’s about a summer camp, with a whole cast of quirky characters. I’m sure that if you went to summer camp, or were a Girl Guide or Boy Scout, you’ll be able to easily relate to the show.
- Outlander: This show is one of my favourites since it’s loosely based on history, with fantasy elements and a really interesting story. Plus, there’s the Scottish aspect of the show along with Jamie and Claire’s romance that’ll keep you hooked. It just got renewed for a couple of seasons, which is fantastic.
What are some of your favourite shows? Drop me a comment below and I’ll check some of them out!