Sometimes life throws you a curveball that makes you stumble or falter in your plans. It’s never pleasant dealing with those curveballs, and sometimes you can feel stuck in a rut.
So, as someone who’s been through a few rough patches in the last few years, I thought I’d give some tips on how to cope and get out of them. Hope these help!
- Listen to your favorite playlist for when you’re angry or upset. Sometimes the best reset for me is to get my emotions out through music. Even better, pound out an angry tune on the piano, that’s always cathartic.
- Make a list of the things and people that are good in your life. Sometimes it’s easy to lose track of what you already have when you’re in a tough place.
- Watch your favorite movies or TV shows. Personally, I love watching anything made by Laika or Buffy when I’m down to get my mind off things.
- Write out your frustrations and worries or tell them to someone who’s close to you. Sometimes you just need to get all of that out in order not to feel like you’re the only one carrying the burden of your problems.
- Go out with friends or family. Doing something fun with people that love and appreciate you will cheer you up and get your mind off all your worrying.
- Take a long walk, maybe to your favorite coffee or food place. I’ve always found taking a walk through the park or down by the river soothing, so maybe try that out!
- Invest some time in your hobbies. Dust off your camera, pick up an instrument, go have a long session at the gym. Do what makes you happy, and everything else will sort itself out.
- Think about your goals, and how you can go forward with them even with a few roadblocks on the path. Sometimes, the lessons you learn the hard way push us onto the path that is better for us in the long run.
- Pet your favorite animal. Nothing like a few dog or cat cuddles to brighten up your day while you’re going through a rough patch.
- Try something new. Sometimes you need to get outside your comfort zone in order to solve a problem. It could be as simple as trying a new activity, to something as big as moving to a different city.
- If all else fails in solving the problems life throws at you, give things time and don’t give up hope in your dreams. It may be hard to keep a positive attitude, but keeping it up will attract good things to you and leave the rough patches behind.
I hope that whatever struggles life has thrown at you right now, that these tips may help you find peace and happiness again.
If you guys have anything you do when you’re in a funk, leave your tip in a comment below!