I didn’t get up to anything too exciting today, as it is a workday for me. But that’s what it’s like in the life of a research assistant.
I slept in a little this morning since I didn’t have any meetings, and then I ate breakfast and went through my emails and notifications. After that, I started to get some work done. I’m currently reading a book on Canadian fisheries policy and taking notes on certain things that are useful for the project I’m working on.
I worked most of the day, with a break for coffee and lunch of course. I decided to work on my blog later in the afternoon, mostly doing some editing and behind the scenes work. I also tend to write some 30 Day Challenge posts in advance, since I can’t always write a post the day it goes up. Luckily, I got to edit my blog in my reading nook, which is one of my favourite places to work.
Last but not least, I’m just about to cook dinner, which involves roasting a bunch of veggies and making some meatballs. After that, I plan to relax the rest of the night, which might mean reading a bit or putting on a movie.
What are some of the things you did today? Let me know in the comments!
I’m not sure if all of the things on this list are really weird, since humans are weird in general, but here are five weird things I like!
- I like lots of onion or garlic in my food when I cook, which some people don’t like. For me, they add so much to the flavour of the food, and I’m also used to it through my mom’s cooking. In general, I have a pretty high tolerance for spicy food or foods that have really potent flavours, so beware if I ever cook for you!
- Coraline, mostly the movie version, but the book is also great. A lot of my friends and family find it really creepy, but I love it. For me, the visual appeal of the stop motion animation and a somewhat scary story rolled into one makes it good for a movie night.
- I prefer cool temperatures over warm weather. I don’t do so well when the temperature climbs over +15 or +20, so I tend to prefer spring and fall weather. I really enjoy the rain and cute outfits with lots of layers that come with both seasons as well.
- Old books. Don’t get me wrong, buying new books is great. But the smell and look that old books have is really unique, which is why I’m always on the lookout for older copies of some of my favourite books.
- I like showers more than baths. Sure, it may be nice to have a nice bath with bath bombs, wine, and jets going, but it’s never really been my thing. It’s simply way easier to shower for me, and it helps me wake up a lot faster.
What weird things do you guys like? Leave ’em down in the comments!
- Chilling out with my dog in the backyard.
- Watching random TV after work with my friends.
- The view from the top of the Banff Gondola, rain or shine.
- Seeing my extended family, especially hanging out with my cousins.
- The cool mountain breeze in Banff.
- Curling up in a blanket after a long day.
- The smell of coffee in the morning.
- Being able to cook and bake in my own kitchen.
- Cleaning with my music blasting.
What makes you guys happy? Leave it down below!