If I listed all of my favourite bands and musicians, I think I’d be here for a few days. So, instead, I’m going to share a few of the bands or musicians I’ve been listening to a lot recently.
- Imagine Dragons: If you want to feel like you live in a dystopian future or just want a catchy tune, this is your band! They also advocate for LGBTQA+ issues, which is a bonus.
- Echosmith: I really like their music since it’s more acoustic and very soothing. Their songs remind me of long road trips and late summer nights.
- Panic! At the Disco: This is one of the most recent bands I’ve gotten into. I’m really liking their new songs they just released, as well as some of their older stuff.
- Peter Hollens: He’s my go to for doing covers of anything from folk songs to Wicked medleys. I usually throw his songs on when I’m studying since they’re pretty soothing.
- Lindsey Stirling: The best way to describe her songs is a mix of classic violin and dubstep, which is really cool. She’s also a huge nerd, and has covered a lot of things like Lord of the Rings.
- Ed Sheeran: If you want songs about love, he’s my go to musician. Plus he’s got other catchy songs like Barcelona that’ll always inspire a good mood.
- Great Big Sea: I’ve adopted this band as I’ve been living out on the East Coast. If you’re ever in need of ceilidh music or need a pick me up, I recommend them.
If you want to see more of what I listen to or what I’m liking in terms of music, you can always check out my blog’s Spotify playlist here.
What are some of your favourite bands or musicians? Let me know in the comments, and I might check them out!
For today, I’m going to put all the songs I’ve saved/added to my Spotify account on shuffle, and then write the first ten that come up.
So, without further ado, here’s what my music looks like on shuffle:
- Happier-Ed Sheeran: I like a lot of Ed Sheeran’s music, so it’s not surprising that one of his songs popped up.
- Volcano-Emily Hearn: This is a remnant of a breakup playlist, but it’s also a good song in general.
- What Comes Next?-Jonathan Groff (Hamilton): I’m a huge fan of Hamilton, and this is one of my favourite songs from the musical as well.
- Colors, Stripped-Halsey: This is one of my go to songs for when I need chill music.
- Magneto-Henry Jackman, X-Men First Class: Need to write an essay? Throw X-Men soundtracks on loop, especially this track.
- Say Something-Pentatonix: It’s Pentatonix, need I say more?
- Jessica Jones Main Theme-L’Orchestra Cinematique: I keep this around for studying playlists, and since I love Jessica Jones as a TV show.
- El Cristo de Palacagüina-Carlos Mejía Godoy, Los De Palacagüina: This is one of the musicians I became familiar with when I traveled to Nicaragua, and I have some of his music saved.
- We Found Love-2Cellos Cover: Also good for studying, and 2Cellos is a pretty badass duo in general.
- H.O.L.Y.-Alle Farben, RHODES: I recently found this remix of H.O.L.Y. by Florida Georgia Line, and I’m in love with it.
If anything, I think this list just proves how many different types of music I listen to, and for different purposes. I’ll be talking about some of my favourite music and bands later on this month, so if you want more insight on my music, stick around for that!
What comes up when you guys out your music on shuffle? Let me know in the comments below!