It was almost impossible to choose only five favourite foods, since I eat almost everything. But, without further ado, here are five of my favourite meals!
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Peas: This dish is a staple comfort food for me. It’s super simple to make, and you can always add more veggies like carrots in if you feel like mixing it up.
- Sushi: I’m not a fan of the sashimi dishes, but I like sushi overall. I especially like California rolls and spicy tuna rolls.
- Quesadillas: This is one of those things that you can easily throw together with a bunch of the leftovers in your fridge and call it a day. I especially like them with guacamole and salsa on the side.
- Ham and Scalloped Potatoes: This meal is something I don’t get often, since in my family it’s usually saved for special occasions like Christmas. Honestly, just remembering how good this dish smells right now is getting me hungry…
- Chicken/Steak and Roast Potatoes: Both of these meals are staples for summer time and barbecues. It’s especially yummy if you throw sliced onions in with the potatoes when you’re barbecuing them.
What are some of your favourite foods? Let me know in the comments!
There are a lot of things that make me feel better when I’m down, so I figured I’d share a bunch of them with you today.
So, here are some of the things I do to take care of myself on an off day:
- Listen to music: I find listening to music helps me get out of my head, so I’ve made a few Spotify playlists that I listen to when I need a bit of a boost.
- Eat something: Sometimes the reason why I’m in a bad mood is I haven’t eaten, so I always find it helpful to eat something. It doesn’t always have to be healthy food, since sometimes you just want to eat a bunch of pizza.
- Taking a shower or bath: Taking a long soak or having a really long hot shower always helps me. It’s soothing, and the heat helps you relax and release tension.
- Talking to friends/family: I’m lucky to have an awesome group of friends and family, who I can reach out to when life’s a bit rough.
- Cleaning: As weird as it sounds, doing the dishes or cleaning can really help. It allows you to take out some frustration on the dirtiest dishes, but also makes your space a relaxing environment.
- Watch your favourite movie or TV show: I like putting on shows or movies that I’ve seen a lot since they’re comforting, or choosing a sillier show like Bob’s Burgers or Brooklyn 99 to cheer me up.
- Coloring: Yes, I’m an adult that likes colouring books. It’s really soothing to just concentrate on it, and you can get some pretty cool colouring books that are for particular shows or have swear words in them.
- Playing games on my phone: I’ve recently added some games to my phone, which not only cure boredom, but also help me relax. I highly recommend Monument Valley, it’s got a soothing soundtrack and requires a lot of concentration.
What are some of the things that make you feel better on a bad day? Let me know in the comments!
As today is Saturday, I got a little more ambitious with my cooking since I have the time to do so. So, I hope you enjoy the pictures and descriptions of what I ate today!
Since I slept in, I made breakfast/brunch. I had some toast, an egg with some cheese, and a handful of berries. I also made myself a mocha, since coffee is essential to my waking up process.
Since I ate breakfast so late, I decided to forgo lunch. Instead, I had a couple of the oatmeal muffins I made, which have blueberries, cranberries, and chocolate chips in them as well. I also grabbed a handful of grape tomatoes and some water to go with the muffins.
For supper, I used some of leftover fish I made for fish tacos. I threw in some lettuce, cheese, and guacamole with the fish and called it a day. I also had some tea and cookies for dessert.
What did you guys eat today? Feel free to share in the comments and leave me your recipes!