Jypsie, Jyps, Tipsy, Sexy, Houdini, Dummkopf, you were known by many names.
You always knew where the best sun patch was inside and outside. You’d always lie on the picnic table, napping for hours under the sun and keeping an eye on the kitchen. I’m sure at some point you must have been raised by a cat, since you were a very strange dog.
Of course, you also got into a fair amount of trouble. From digging holes to escaping the yard so many times, we had to keep it shut with a belt. It’s amazing that you managed to teach our old dog Jerzy your tricks as well, you two were a ridiculous duo when you combined your talents.
You were a good hunter too, fitting for a family of hunters. You were oh so proud to come into the house one day smacking on the feathers of the bird you’d just caught. We’ll miss our bird and mouse hunter.
You also never understood the concept of personal space. It didn’t matter if the three of us girls were on the couch, you’d find some room to squish your fluffy butt into. Sharing the back seat with you on car rides meant at some point, you would have a dog on your lap that demanded attention.
You got me through some rough times, either by spending a few hours cuddled close or by sharing your infectious good energy. Nobody could say no to your goofy grin greeting everyone that stepped through the door.
Saying goodbye to you was really hard, but I’m glad that you waited until I was home, so I was there to sneak in a few last pets.
I hope you are at peace, running around with Jerzy and getting spoiled to no end in heaven.
Love you always,
Hello to my lovely followers!
Since I’m now writing articles weekly for my school newspaper, I decided I will only be posting once a month. There might be some months where I’ll be writing two posts, but for now, I’ve decided to only commit to one post in the interest of my academic and personal life.
I hope you all stick around, I’ll be continuing the Surviving a University Course series this semester, with some possible bonus posts as well. And, if you want to check out my school newspaper and all the awesome content from the people that work there, the link is here.
If any of you are interested in seeing specific content or posts in the following months please leave a comment or send me a message, I’m always open to suggestions!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Sorry for not posting anything last week, the last three weeks of school have been crazy busy for me. On the upside, today is the last day of classes, so I’m almost done the school year!
Otherwise, I have a bit of news that will affect the future of this blog.
I am going to be a staff writer for my school newspaper for this coming school year, which means I will have less time to write on here. I’m not sure yet if it means the posting schedule will get changed, or if I’ll post links to the work I’m doing at the paper. I’ll have to figure that out in September when I see how much work I’ll be putting into the paper.
In any case, I will be going back to the regular posting schedule at least up until the beginning of September.
Have a good Friday!
As I’m writing this tonight, I’m feeling the usual bout of homesickness that comes with being across the country from my family.
So, I decided to write down a list of things that’ll make you feel less homesick for the people out there going through it. Here goes…
- Talk to your family. As simple as it sounds, just chatting with them and catching up helps, since you feel like you’re almost home in a way. Plus they might send you cute hug stickers.
- Hang out with your friends on campus, it takes your mind off home. Plus, I have some friends who also get pretty homesick so we support each other.
- Go for a walk. Get some coffee, wander around town, walk somewhere as long as you get fresh air. It’ll clear your head.
- Get some comfort food. If there’s one food that always reminds you of home or makes you feel better, treat yourself.
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show. It also takes your mind off being homesick, and bonus if it makes you laugh. Plus with comfort food, it makes a good night.
- If you have a special object from home, grab it. I personally keep a bunch of cards that I’ve gotten from family and I reread them when I’m down.
- Go do something! Find a special lecture, event, go to the pub, something that’ll get you out of your room. Again, it keeps your mind from only focusing on home.
- Have a dance party! Blast your favourite tunes for a while to cheer you up.
- Get creative. Doodle, colour, play music, write, whatever your thing is. Personally, I like combining this with blasting my music.
- Do your schoolwork. As weird as it sounds, I’ve sometimes found immersing myself in a project or paper helps.
- If all else fails, let yourself feel your emotions, even if it involves crying. It helps release all your feelings, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of.
I hope these suggestions help any of my readers out there experiencing homesickness, and that you get back to feeling fantastic like the great people you are.
I know I’m not exactly posting on Christmas, but I’m taking the weekend to enjoy the time with my family. After all, I only get to see them about every four months when I’m in school!
I hope that your holidays have started off well and that you guys are taking the time to relax from work, school, or whatever things life has sent your way. I wish you all the love and happiness in the world, and hopefully, you’re spending the holidays with the most important people in your life.
I won’t be posting again until the New Year, so I also wanted to say an early Happy New Year as well. As well, just wanted to say sorry for not posting earlier in December, exams and the end of semester caught up to me so I didn’t have time to write.
Happy holidays everyone, take advantage of every free moment of them!
I’m about to head out for my second year of university, so I just felt I should give a quick life update!
Firstly, I’m already missing all my lovely coworkers from Banff. You all have been a great bunch to live with, go out with, work with, and have ridiculous inside jokes with.
Secondly, I will probably be posting every second Friday of the month, just so I don’t have as much stress during school. However, that being said, I will be doing a 30 Day Challenge relating to school in October or November.
Third, thank you to new followers malave.com.ve, bluecloverdust, darlydarly, and Tim Miller. Welcome to the madness!
Lastly, what are you guys looking forward to this fall? Leave it in the comments below!