If I listed all of my favourite bands and musicians, I think I’d be here for a few days. So, instead, I’m going to share a few of the bands or musicians I’ve been listening to a lot recently.
- Imagine Dragons: If you want to feel like you live in a dystopian future or just want a catchy tune, this is your band! They also advocate for LGBTQA+ issues, which is a bonus.
- Echosmith: I really like their music since it’s more acoustic and very soothing. Their songs remind me of long road trips and late summer nights.
- Panic! At the Disco: This is one of the most recent bands I’ve gotten into. I’m really liking their new songs they just released, as well as some of their older stuff.
- Peter Hollens: He’s my go to for doing covers of anything from folk songs to Wicked medleys. I usually throw his songs on when I’m studying since they’re pretty soothing.
- Lindsey Stirling: The best way to describe her songs is a mix of classic violin and dubstep, which is really cool. She’s also a huge nerd, and has covered a lot of things like Lord of the Rings.
- Ed Sheeran: If you want songs about love, he’s my go to musician. Plus he’s got other catchy songs like Barcelona that’ll always inspire a good mood.
- Great Big Sea: I’ve adopted this band as I’ve been living out on the East Coast. If you’re ever in need of ceilidh music or need a pick me up, I recommend them.
If you want to see more of what I listen to or what I’m liking in terms of music, you can always check out my blog’s Spotify playlist here.
What are some of your favourite bands or musicians? Let me know in the comments, and I might check them out!