This post is part of a series about surviving a university course. You can find the rest of the posts here.
Since the busy crunch time is coming up for most university students, I figured I’d share a few of my study tips to help make it more manageable.
So, without further ado, here they are!
- Make your notes work for your learning style. Rewrite them, highlight them, draw giant information webs, whatever works best for you. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different methods!
- Don’t over study, since it can be just as bad as understudying. This is when it’s crucial to know if your professor only needs you to know certain course material, or if you’re expected to know everything from the course and more.
- Have a good study space or workspace. Either off or on campus, find a quiet space that lets you get your work done with the least distractions.
- Take breaks and reward yourself during long study sessions. No matter if it’s a walk, stretching, a food or coffee break, it’ll help you retain facts in the long run.
- Eat and drink things to keep you going during study time. Hopefully, you choose healthy food, but sometimes you need some chocolate or comfort food.
- Keep your things organized to make studying easier and avoid losing important papers. If you take a few minutes every day to put papers from class where they belong, you’ll be so much better off for the stressful times of the semester.
- Find an interactive way to study. Flash cards, fill-in-the-blanks, or practice tests are very useful. Remember, studying with friends might be interactive if you’re quizzing each other, but it can be distracting as well.
- Try to limit distractions like texting, social media, and Netflix. Study times should be only study time. I also recommend listening to instrumental music so you’re not distracted by lyrics in songs.
- Take a night off every once and a while to charge your batteries. You’ll need it later during the semester, and going out or some Netflix is good for you.
What are your best study tips to succeed in university? Leave them down below!
To be honest, I’d like to improve in all the areas of my life.
In relationships, I want to be a better friend, one who is more up to date and connected to them. I’m bad at messaging someone constantly for a while then not doing so again for months, so I’d definitely like to improve on that. Plus, if it gets me a date or something, bonus points!
In general, I’d like to become better at managing being an adult, from being able to manage my money better, to doing my taxes and stuff like that. Plus, I’m hoping the adulting skills I learn now will help me prepare for after graduating school. However, I know those will come in time, since I can’t learn everything adult at once.
At school, I’d like to keep getting good marks, and become more involved on campus next year with societies and clubs. I’m thinking as well that I’d like to go on exchange, which might require a bit of extra work and maybe getting a few scholarships.
What do you guys want to improve in your life? Tell me down below!
If you haven’t seen my post Bliss yet, that’s one of my recent favorite memories.
Otherwise, I have so many favorite memories that it’s hard to choose…so I chose a few categories!
My favorite childhood memories are my mom singing me to sleep and the petting zoo in Victoria, B.C. I also really cherish all the shenanigans that me, my sister, my best friend, and her stepsiblings got into when we were kids. We had some pretty cool top secret clubs and definitely abused our walkie talkies many a time on the playground…
My favorite school memories are mostly big events, like graduating and things like that. However, the friends I made and the memories I made with them are pretty awesome too. As well, my first year of university was one of the best years of my life so far. I love my Xaverian family already.
My favorite work memories mostly come from my current job. Even though it’s stressful with all the tourists sometimes, the people I work with and the fact I work on a mountain every day make it worth it.
Other than that, I cherish almost every moment in life that I spend with those I love or doing what I love. As well, every time I’ve traveled has always been a highlight in my life!
What are your favorite memories? Leave them down in the comments!