There are a lot of things that make me feel better when I’m down, so I figured I’d share a bunch of them with you today.
So, here are some of the things I do to take care of myself on an off day:
- Listen to music: I find listening to music helps me get out of my head, so I’ve made a few Spotify playlists that I listen to when I need a bit of a boost.
- Eat something: Sometimes the reason why I’m in a bad mood is I haven’t eaten, so I always find it helpful to eat something. It doesn’t always have to be healthy food, since sometimes you just want to eat a bunch of pizza.
- Taking a shower or bath: Taking a long soak or having a really long hot shower always helps me. It’s soothing, and the heat helps you relax and release tension.
- Talking to friends/family: I’m lucky to have an awesome group of friends and family, who I can reach out to when life’s a bit rough.
- Cleaning: As weird as it sounds, doing the dishes or cleaning can really help. It allows you to take out some frustration on the dirtiest dishes, but also makes your space a relaxing environment.
- Watch your favourite movie or TV show: I like putting on shows or movies that I’ve seen a lot since they’re comforting, or choosing a sillier show like Bob’s Burgers or Brooklyn 99 to cheer me up.
- Coloring: Yes, I’m an adult that likes colouring books. It’s really soothing to just concentrate on it, and you can get some pretty cool colouring books that are for particular shows or have swear words in them.
- Playing games on my phone: I’ve recently added some games to my phone, which not only cure boredom, but also help me relax. I highly recommend Monument Valley, it’s got a soothing soundtrack and requires a lot of concentration.
What are some of the things that make you feel better on a bad day? Let me know in the comments!